For Independence Day, use flowers to make your event more attractive and welcoming to guests. The are so many flowers that come in red and white (and even blue). Combining them in an arrangement displayed in an elegant blue glass vase, like the Fireworks arrangement from Boyd’s, makes a spectacular tribute for work or home.
These blooms have historic symbolism:
- Carnations: Carnations come in red and white, and may be dyed blue. These flowers symbolize love and admiration that’s perfect for expressing patriotism.
- Forget-me-not: Naturally blue and with a very symbolic name, these are cute for Independence Day bouquets.
- Poppies: Red poppies in particular have come to symbolize patriotism and gratitude for military service World War I. Red poppies can add both visual appeal and symbolism to your Independence Day bouquet.
- Roses: Roses are the perfect flower for remembrances of all kinds, including for patriotic celebrations like July 4. Red roses traditionally symbolize love, while white roses traditionally symbolize remembrance. Both work well in a July 4 arrangement.
4th of July flowers
Large, dramatic flowers mimic fireworks and really stand out in a July 4 bouquet. Bold, bold flowers July 4 blooms include:
- Iris: Naturally available in blue and white, irises are tall and elegant.
- Chrysanthemum: Naturally available in red and white, these can be dyed blue and will fill out your bouquet.
- Delphinium: Naturally blue and white, these blooms are tall and make a big impact when just a couple of stems are introduced into the bouquet..
- Football mum: Naturally available in red and white, these can be dyed blue. Football mums are tall, round and bushy and almost look like floral fireworks.
- Gladiolus: Available in red, white, and blue. Like delphiniums, these tall flowers make a real statement within a 4th of July bouquet.
- White lilies: Lilies lend their perfume to the entire bouquet, and make a big impact in the bouquet. Even just 1-2 stems of lilies will add bulk, visual appeal, and a sweet scent.
Patriotic flowers lend symbolism to your bouquet, while statement flowers make your bouquet dramatic. At Boyd’s, we use many of these flowers in our Independence Day and memorial arrangements.