Are you ready to Be Bold for Change?
International Women’s Day is a global initiative that is over 100 years old. Celebrated in 20 countries (and in 33 U.S. cities), the movement has seen a lot of challenge and success in the last century, but continues to look forward with confidence. Working for social justice, gender parity and equality, the organizers realized that the responsibility for fighting for these rights didn’t fall with one group, one government, one charity, or one corporation. Rather, this must be a collective effort of both men and women around the world. International Women’s Day is a worldwide celebration of the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. On March 8th, join the movement by posting your efforts with the hashtag #BeBoldForChange.
The events around the world include activities as diverse as concerts, fun runs, formal luncheons, keynote events, career fairs, indie movie premieres, awards ceremonies, and exhibitions. But if you want to celebrate this day locally – and to make it much more personal – just look around you! There are inspirational women everywhere that you look.
* The teacher who instructs young girls, promoting knowledge and confidence
* The local business owner who is providing jobs for the community
* The stay-at-home mom who is raising up compassionate children
* The local politician who is affecting policy on the local, regional and state levels
* The mentor at the after-school program who is advising teenagers on job skills
* The guidance counselor who suggests non-traditional fields of study
* The CEO who encourages women to reach new heights in an organization
* The young girl who dreams of taking on the world.
All of these accomplished ladies are doing their part every day to raise the standard for women, and to prove that they have a lot to offer Wilmington – and the world! If you would like to honor the women in your life, call Boyd’s Flowers. We agree with you. They are amazing – and changing the world.