While flowers are most associated with the spring or summer wedding, winter brides deserve the beauty and elegance of perfectly chosen flowers for their big day too. It can be difficult to choose the right ones that will capture the spirit of the season while reflecting the personalities of the bride and groom.
While every bride (and groom) will have different ideas about the types of flowers that may work well for a winter wedding, here are a few ideas to help you get started:
- Capture the Holidays – Instead of ignoring the fact that your wedding is being held around the holidays, why not embrace it? Add pinecones, poinsettias and holly to your bouquet and around the room. Another fun addition to the room could be mistletoe!
- Winter White – One great flower theme for the holidays is going “winter white.” Talk to your florist about the white flowers he or she has available in winter. This could include Irises, white roses, carnations and even daisies.
- Deep Colors – Another good choice for winter is to go dark and deep. Deep maroon roses, colored carnations and darker lilies can be a nice change—and these work well for contrast especially if you are going with a monotone (all white) wedding dress.
- Splash it Up – Don’t go colorless because you have a winter wedding! Flowers are a beautiful way to add color and life to your wedding. Take a look at some pictures to find out what will work best for your event.
- Be Creative – Don’t feel obligated to stick with any particular winter theme. You can use any type of color profile that fits your personality. Your personality will shine through and your guests will appreciate that you are not afraid to be yourself.
If you have any questions about choosing flowers for your winter wedding, call or contact Boyd’s. We would love to help you choose your bouquet for a tiny, private wedding or help you design the entire flower plan for a huge event. We always listen to you—that is the Boyd’s difference!