Just Because Day was created in 2005 to celebrate the unexpected, the spontaneous, and the urge to act on impulse. So often, we attach reasons to everything we do, instead of simply relaxing and enjoying life for a few hours. If you’ve ever had an urge to do something “just because,” August 27th is officially your day.
The designers at Boyd’s Flowers are honoring this day with a list of fun ways to celebrate… just because we can.
Whether your idea of fun is sharing a random act of kindness with a stranger, telling someone close to you how much they mean, or just taking some time for yourself, here are a few things we recommend trying for no particular reason.
- High-five your coworkers and tell them they do a great job.
- Send flowers to someone who doesn’t expect them – like the receptionist at your doctor’s office, or the barista at your morning coffee stop.
- Leave an inspirational note on someone’s car (“Make it a great day!”).
- Mow a neighbor’s lawn while doing your own.
- Take a dish garden or green plant to someone in an assisted living home.
- Drop off a meal to a new mom, or offer to babysit for a few hours.
- Buy an armful of daisies or carnations and pass them out to everyone you meet.
Unexpected flowers always bring a smile. You can make someones day with a delivery of a beautiful bouquet and a simple note: “Just because… you’re wonderful.”
Our Summer Solstice Premium arrangement, featured above, will inspire delight with its bright, colorful flowers. This clear bubble vase contains sunflowers, delphinium, roses, and echinacea, all bursting with the cheerfulness of summer.
Comprised of vivid hues, this Blossom Potpourri design, shown above, makes a striking statement on any tabletop or desk. It is the perfect way to tell someone you’re thinking about them… just because!
Performing random acts of kindness is a great way to observe Just Because Day this August. Sending flowers anywhere in the Wilmington area has never been easier- we’ll take care of everything! Talk to the floral experts at Boyd’s Flowers for more ideas on how to spread joy – just because.